I mostly work in metal (steel). I incorporate wood, tile, or other materials but my main medium is steel. Here, I decided to work on something different when I saw a call to artists for Day of the Dead art.
You can scroll to the bottom to see the finished project to suggest a name or read through the materials and steps if that helps your naming inspiration.
In the spirit of upcycling and reusing materials, everything here (except for resin) is upcycled.
List of supplies:
- Silk screen frame
- Small MDF boards already cut in different shapes (square, oval, circle, rectangle)
- Colored sheets of paper from a paint sample book
- Colored sheets of paper from wallpaper sample books
- Foam board
- Danish book cover backing paper
- Resin (purchased new for this project)
Here are some of the materials at the start: a foam cutout of a skull, the small MDF pieces, the wallpaper samples, the paint color samples, and the screen print frame already attached to the plywood.
BTW, the final name was Día de los Muertos Tribal Inspired.